




Can't attack the kitchen floor so had to move on to the next room...the front bathroom.
The plan is to make that a shower only(non-bathtub) bathroom. So, we were going to remove the cast iron tub...only to discover it was tin of some sort and to remove it we had to bust out the tiles. Fine, would have like to keep them, but whatever. So Removed tiles to discover water damage around all corners of tub and frame of wall. NOTE: more roach poop(vast quantities actually) behind the wall here. So, removed the tub and tiles and started on the floor. these are 16" brown ugly tiles, that we would have like to take up and sell or give away to a home in need of ugly brown tiles, but instead we had to use brute force. One hit with the hammer, two hits with the hammer, three hits and the sledge hammer goes ALL the way through the floor. yes, apparently, the DIY genius before us decided it would be a good idea to use a dry-wall type substance (rather than proper sub-flooring) to put down under the tile. Which I might say was probably not going to last along time. So we got up the tile and before taking up the "sub-flooring" decided to take the tile in the masterbath up to and found the same great stuff underneath.
That is all for now and I will have more to contribute later as I still haven't discussed the issues found under the house or the other renovation plans.
Check out the pics of the before and demo of the front bathroom.
1 comment:
Yea! I'm so glad I finally got time to read your blog. I'm loving the comments along with the pictures. I can totally hear your voice as I read. Keep up the good work!! And watch out for the feces!! :-)
Post a Comment