




So, after we ripped out the fireplace wall and took down the frame around it so we could start anew...we moved on to the kitchen. here it is a little difficult as the old fridge and stove are still there and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them. So, we could not remove the already craptacular floor. So we just ripped out the cabinets. Not so bad right?
Well taking them out wasn't hard, took off the door and took out the drawers, remove a couple or bracing pieces and a few screws...a little elbow grease and a couple of crow bars and off they come.
Unfortunately underneath the 48 year old base cabinets...an ungodly amount of rodent feces. EWWWW!!! Luckily the rodents weren't still there. vestiges of there domicile remained like towels, half eaten tennis balls, and some sesame seeds. Anyway took all precautions and vacuumed that crap (literally) up. Then upon further evaluation (cuz at first all I could see was the rat poop) the true DIY nightmare of the previous owners became apparent. They must have replaced the backsplash at some point and in replacing it they just piece mealed drywall (2 layers of it) back together.
So, we ripped that out and will replace with hardy board the proper width to match the rest of the wall. In ripping that out I came across more gross poop of the Roach variety. Seriously never take down walls unless you want to get very grossed out about what all lives in the house with you.
So the pictures of the kitchen cabinet action are above, though I just realized I put twoof the same instead of a picture of the rat remains. I'll do that later.
No comments:
Post a Comment