Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What next






OK. I tried several times to attach photos of the renovations thus far. I will try again today, here we have the before living room, dining room and kitchen. I'll try to add more picture soon. But I will go ahead a give you a written account of things I'll be doing before i move in.

A major cleaning and entire house painting, but before that:

The electrical system is being updated including the box. All wires are being replaced, many rooms are being grounded, and there will be additional light fixtures added or moved and same goes for the outlets. In addition the covers and everything will be replaced.

The Living Room --getting rid of that ugly fake rock covering on the fireplace and adjoining, removing popcorn ceiling, redoing the walkway and changing railing, changing ceiling fan and putting in canned lights, opening up the window between dining room and living room.

The Dining Room -- basically changing outlets and adding the bar in between kitchen and dining area also adding french doors between office and dining room.

Office -- taking down cedar panelling

Kitchen -- big overhaul including --taking out exhaust fan and putting in solar tube, removing existing cabinets and getting new ones, moving stove to other wall, adding a bar, adding a pantry by changing door on hallway closet to be a kitchen closet. I'll also be getting all new appliances including fridge, stove/range, microwave, dishwasher

Bathrooms -- have to rip out floors as they are not good, retile, new toilets and vanities, also taking out tub in front bathrooma nd making just a shower.

Bedrooms are ok except for paint.

That's the big stuff there are a few little things, but I'll put up the before of each room and another post for the current renovations.

No comments: