

So, here goes.
I became a homeowner on Oct 5. WOOHOO, right?
So the house is an offgrade 1959 built, 3 bedroom 2 bathroom at about 1700sf. Good enough for me and the pets. The good things - good sized yard, nice concrete block construction, roomy, has potential, nice hardwood floors, windows recently replaced.
However, upon continued entry into the premises I realized several bad things:
1) This house stank to high heaven (didn't take many trips in to figure out, I assure you).
2) The place was in need of some serious bleach cleaning (though green cleaning/non-bleach alternatives would be used).
3) The were a few major decorative challenges
Once I got the inspection I was alerted to the fact that
1) The electrical system would need to be updated as only 2 room were grounded (living room and kitchen).
2) There was minimal water damage on one joist under the bathroom and that whoever refurbed the bathroom last constructed the floor board parallel to the floor joists rather than perpendicular which is the correct way
3)Some of the plumbing needed to be updated.
So, I bought it anyway and this is going to be the record of the work done to make this house something nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment