Thursday, March 20, 2008

Progress






Well, I know I said I'd be doing work and posting the progress and I was half right. I have been busy working on the house and trying to get others to help me. I just haven't found the time, and honestly the inclination, to post tales of the trials and tribulations of rebuilding/remodeling. Though I am making the effort today. I think I'll have three posts today to give you all the pictures you deserve and I'm sure are waiting with bated breath to see. So without further ado....the tales of my tribulations:
I will begin with a lament about getting others motivated to work on a house that is not theirs, when you are not paying them is a huge pain in the ass. Alas, I am grateful for all high quality low cost(free) work, so that is all the complaining I will do. However, it is the lead in to the way things are going. Without skilled workers, I was left to my own devices...which means I did landscaping and painting, a skilled worker I am not! So these pictures will depict all the trim painting I completed in February. It is just the primer, but getting rid of that horrible brown trim made me feel tons better. I should also mention that I pressure washed the window ledges and porches as well to remove old paint and in so doing (is that one word or three?) I discovered the house was previous painted pink with pink trim. I am not shitting you...PINK, with PINK trim!!! I guess to match that nasty kitchen?? I dunno, but as soon as I have furniture in the house the white on the house is getting refreshed with a quickness. You should also be able to make out from the picture that I planted a tree in the front yard. It is a native tree (Florida Maple) and it is thriving there. I did some other landscaping in the back yard, but nothing picture worthy.

No comments: