Plumbing, yes there is still stories about plumbing. Not all good, but not all bad. The cold and hot water pipes have been run, glued, checked for leaks, and insulated. Everyone give a woot woot! So, you've seen a few steps in the process, hanging the pipes, gluing the pipes etc. To check the seal on the connections of the pipes we needed to hook the cold and hot water lines up to the water heater (for a complete pressurized system or something like that). So, I needed to buy a new water heater, this turned out to be an ordeal as I wanted to get a tankless water heater. However, with the way the plumbing was run I would have had to get a whole house heater and a certified plumber and electrician to check the work. So, to save time and money I went with what my people knew. Tank heater, though to soothe my environmentally friendly mind I bought a smaller tank with as much energy star ratings as I could find. So, bought it brought it home took it out of the box and there right in the side an enormous dent. yes, nothing is easy people, nothing. So, had to load the stupid thing back up and exchange it to return home again to try and reinstall. Got it out hooked it up to check for leaks and luckily there were none. So insulation of pipes commenced while Dad and I took up the task of hooking up the water heater to the electrical system. Didn't get far as we soon realized the previous waterheater did not have a ground wire. So, that means we get to rewire the electrical system to incorporate a grounding wire. Yea! I should also mention that the water heater was going back in the laundry room, which I wanted to paint so I started painting and it looks tons better. The pictures you will see include the newly painted room, the old water heater in the backyard, the new water heater(sans electric) and some insulating work...enjoy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment