The plumbing was basically a one man job. Guess that's why the make the big bucks? So, that left Me and dad free to work on other things.
I had a serious bout with organization of things laying about the house. Grouped dry wall stuff together, plumbing stuff together, wood tool stuff together, things to sell/get rid of, etc...
Luckily clean up didn't take to long, so dad and I got to work on framing. Can't frame the walls with no floors, but walls with floors a definitely fair game. The pantry/closet wall in the hallway (which was once where the door was located) is now a skeleton wall which only needs drywall.
The big framing job we worked on last weekend was the fireplace. It took some discussion to decide on the final design. You see I would like a fairly modern looking, mantle free, fireplace. However the other "designers" in the family keep trying to add lots of other jazz. It's nice to have a conversation on ideas and creative ways to do things, but once I decide on something...I like to get on with , if you know what I'm saying. Anyhoo, I won't get whiny. We started and got the front face framed and just need the sides now, which will take no time at all (fingers crossed).
1 comment:
See Here or Here
Post a Comment