Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Cristy and Eric's visit






So, let me expound for a few moments on the jinxing I spoke of in an earlier post.

Cristy and Eric came by for a tour of the renovations and get an in person explanation of my "vision" for the house. They commented on its proximity to my family, but that is somethign I have no control over. So, first the living room all then backyard, back to dining room, kitchen, bedrooms, and then finally master bathroom. You see they got to see first hand all the renovation five pictures can't capture and upon viewing the bathroom they asked why i wasn't tearing out the bathtub and walls in that room too. The answer was simple and quick...seeing as I have my hands full already, that room was in fine shape and I didn't really "need" to do anythign to it. They both asked why, if I was tearing out so much other stuff wouldn't I tackle the dated tile and plain walls.

Well, folks the answer really was, if it ain't broke (or put in, repaired, or built by the lame ass DIYers of yore) don't go breakin' it down to fix it.


So, not 40 minutes after their departure the investigation of floor joist under the bathtub region was completed and would anyone like to guess the outcome.........????????


Yes, I bet you guessed right, it WAS broke! Dang it all to hell. So, that required removal of the wall between bathroom and all walls around my tub so the tub could be taken out. And I'm sure it will come to a shocker to all of you, but there was more mold, rusty tub sections, water damaged wood behind it all.

Actually the wall between the bathrooms wasn't even connected to the floor in anyway. The only thing that kept it from swinging back and forth at the bottom was my tub and the floor tiles. To bad I have no tub to put calgon in!


In the end 6 joists needed to be repaired, but in this posts are the photos of taking down the walls.

No comments: