Sunday, April 13, 2008

Plumbing Part 6 - sewer continued






They relief of replacing gross stuff is nice, though I wish I wasn't feeling nice so often! So, to remove cast iron pipes you have to break them or cut them with a saw to make pieces small enough to take out. In addition, the stacks went through the roof and so the shingles and flashing had to be moved and stacks put back up. Matt spent many hours under the house hammering and swing the pipes and pulling them over to the floorless bathroom, for them to be thrown away. Dad and Matt also spent a good bit of time replacing the stacks and doing the roof stuff. I was visiting down in St. Pete& Safety Harbor visiting Tracy and the Rittenhouse's so I didn't get to participate in this work, but happy to report to you it's completion. Here are a few photos of pipe replacement.

No comments: