Friday, May 30, 2008

One hole closes and another one opens






Well, I kinda lagged there for a bit in my attention to posting...I'm sure you are surprised. I know I said there was more to come and there is. you see as soon as the floor got in, we started trying to put up the walls. Well, in the bathroom we need to clean up some of the rough edges left from taking down portions of the dry wall from ripping out the improperly installed wall. As we were just making sure that there were pieces of drywall hanging on, we noticed that the paint was well adhered to the drywall and upon further investigation....guess what folks?

MOLD! Yes, that's right mold under the paint and growing on the drywall not only on the walls but also on the ceiling. So, we had to rip out the rest of the walls in the bathrooms AND the ceiling in the bathrooms and the kitchen. As we did this it became apparent that the electrical work was not complete as there were random wires not attached to anything and junction boxes just covered with drywall. In addition, in areas where there was insulation is was not very good as it is from 1959. So please enjoy these pictures and the ones that should follow shortly that show completed electrics, completed walls and drywall installation. Fingers crossed!

No comments: