


So, as you know we took out the cabinets. From there we were able to get the old fridge and stove removed. We also had the new appliances delivered (won't be installed for a while). We also relaized we can change the hall closet into a pantry (yea!) which means I can spend less on cabinets. In looking at the walls it was decided that they needed to come down as it would be easier and much better aesthetically to take down what was there and put up new whole sheets of drywall than patch the existing holes. So, out comes the sledge hammer and crow bars again to take down the walls. Which we did we also took up the floor. You can see the bathrooms now, since there are no walls. It will be a whole new kitchen from subfloor to ceiling. I am leaving the pocket door and the ceiling (hopefully). I think Dad knows someone who will put up all the drywall for the cost of the drywall and maybe a little extra, but that will save us at least two days of work and the back ache associated. Then the kitchen will actually be in the putting back together stage. I can't wait for that day.
I'm attaching wallless kitchen pics.
1 comment:
HOLY CRAP!! You're basically re-doing the ENTIRE kitchen. Even the walls. Man, that's a lot of work. Looks like you've made a lot of progress! Keep the faith!!
Anymore rodent or insect feces?
Post a Comment